"For you shall go out in joy and be led forth in peace"



Wednesday, February 2, 2011

absolutely blessed (birthday!).

Okay, so not going to lie, I love birthdays. I love the anticipation and the "specialness" feeling of the day. I love that it is a day to celebrate the life of an individual that God created. I love celebrating birthdays!! I hope I always have this feeling & don't dread "getting older" (you can ask me about this as the years go on!)(though 24 means i'm now in my mid 20's!!). Also, thanks to facebook, you get lots more messages of love & blessings. I had the best birthday this year!! Seth took the day off (it was last wednesday) and I also had off work. It was an absolute blast & I was completely pampered :)! Here's the agenda of events:

Tuesday night:
- I come home from work to find a letter mailed to me with an itinerary of the "Braker Bed & Breakfast" :).
- A vase of flowers on the table ( I love flowers, esp in the cold dreary winter )
-A delicious meal of salmon & veggies
-movie of my choice (yes he was very willing to watch a chick flick for me).

Wednesday:
-breakfast in bed (veggie omlette, fruit, piping hot coffee)
-lazy morning (actually we decided to look at ordered wedding pictures---yes 2.5 years later we still have no wedding pictures ordered)
-get ready & head to bloomington
-go to a state park & play a tony cd he made for me
-head to starbucks and spend quality time talking & sipping delicious drinks
-he took me shopping & said I could pick out whatever I wanted (within reason :)). We actually got killer sales...$2 shirts, $10 jeans.....I love a good deal!
-head back home to freshen up & head to One World (one of my most favorite restaurants!!)
-come back for presents! (he got us tickets to a Bebo Norman dinner concert in Kentucky!)

All in all, I was amazingly blessed & soaked in every moment! It was just a reminder to me of how God delights in us. He loves us tremendously & deeply & is delighted to bless us with joy & truly fun times. I can just picture him smiling down on his children when they are giddy with joy that  comes from Him!!

Here's a few pictures of the evening:


                                           The fresh flowers from my boy!                                   



The unbelievably amazing beautiful delicious carmel walnut apple pie al la mode. oh yum!

1 comment:

  1. Dearest Ang,
    I am a little jealous of your Bebo concert...Robey was going to surprise me with the same event, only in Nashville, but the weekend we were planning on is a no-go, now. So you enjoy that dinner with Bebo for me and I will sit at home and drown my sorrows with hot cocoa. :) Glad you had a super birthday! Love you!

    ReplyDelete