"For you shall go out in joy and be led forth in peace"



Friday, January 4, 2013

one month old.

I am still working on our "birth story" blog. It looks more like a book than a blog but I want to remember all the details someday. In the meantime, I can't believe Gracie is already a month old (yesterday on the 3rd). Have I really been a mother for a whole month? Every week I tell seth, smiling, "We've kept her alive for this long" :).

How are we doing? All in all we are doing well and are thankful things are getting better but we are still recovering and facing new complications. I told Seth that I don't feel like wrapping this up in a pretty bow and saying things are great- the truth is, it is hard for several reasons- let alone just being new parents :). We wouldn't trade it for a second but at times it definitely feels like more than I can handle. I feel like the past month has been a complete blur. I have so much to catch up on with thank yous, baby book, house work, christmas stuff, misc projects, phone calls, etc but it seems like nothing gets done anymore- I know it doesn't really matter so much...they will all eventually get done...or not :). Sometimes (alot of times) I feel completely overwhelmed by the smallest things- I think sleep deprevation and post partum hormones could be partially to blame :). Truthfully, we are just taking one day at a time, or one moment at a time sometimes :). BUT it is SO worth it and I can't explain the love I feel for our little girl. She's more than I could ever have imagined.

I'm adjusting to being a stay-at-home mom and am really loving it. I'm learning alot. This has been our first week on our own and all in all it's been going well- granted Seth comes home on lunch breaks this week to check on us :).

I decided to celebrate her being one month old by writing her a letter to express some of the things we've felt about her ....


My sweet Gracie,

I cannot believe you are already 1 month old! I feel like we just brought you home yesterday- and I’ll most likely say the same thing in a year! Time flies so quickly and already I see so many changes in you. I’m having a hard time with you growing so fast- I wish I could just freeze time or at least make it slow down. You have completely won our hearts with every little thing you do. Your dad and I just sit and stare at you and try to soak in all the joy that we can possibly feel. Speaking of that- joy- you’ve introduced us to a type of joy- a depth of joy- that we never knew possible. I have never seen your dad look this way before and he says the same about me. You are our miracle and our precious gift.

You have introduced us to joys we never knew and challenges we didn’t know existed. You’ve made love have new meaning- more meaning- and you have helped us understand Christmas better than ever before. You have utterly and completely turned your dad into mush- I’ve never seen him act the way he does when he holds you- it blesses me so much to see him so full of such pure love for you, little girl.

At night when we say prayers over you, we just sit there, holding you, in disbelief that we get to raise you and love you and teach you. You have no idea how much we love you- in fact it continues to surprise us how much it grows every day. Yes, there are hard moments being parents- exhausting moments and moments where we feel slightly insane, but those truly pale in comparison to the love that continues to grow in our hearts.

I love spending my days with you. Though I literally get nothing done anymore besides feed you and maybe manage a shower every now and then, I love it. I sometimes look around me at what needs done and see the dust thick on the furniture and the dishes piled high and then I see you sitting there and I get completely sidetracked and the dust and the dishes stay standing (though they eventually do need some help J).

We are praying for you and your future- your heart, your soul, your friends, your spouse, etc. It scares me sometimes to think about the things you will face in this life- but always remember Jesus says to take heart because HE has overcome the world.

Girl, it’s only been a month and I already can’t imagine my life without you. What have you done to us?! You’ve turned us both to mush. Keep growing and keep exploring. Daddy calls you our champ- I think the nickname might stick. We love you, Champ!
Here's some pictures of the past month:
                                                                           One week old
                                                                          Two weeks old
 
                                                                        Three 1/2 weeks old


One month old!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment