"For you shall go out in joy and be led forth in peace"



Wednesday, February 6, 2013

2 months old


Sweet Gracie,

You are already 2 months old! How have you grown up so fast?! SLOW DOWN! You are so fun to watch and interact with. The smallest of smiles brings my heart SO much joy.  Your sweet coos melt me. You do pretty well sleeping through the night- though I do wish you would sleep longer at times. You’re my little buddy- we pretty much do it all together- run errands, hang out at home, morning devos with you next to me otherwise you wail J, doctor’s appointments- girl, you are my little sidekick.

You’ve grown so much in a month. You started to smile this month, we  introduced tummy time, you’ve grown soo tall, your cheeks are the most soft kissable things ever, you open your eyes a lot and look around in wonder, you can focus on and follow us. We just think you’re brilliant J.

We pray for you all the time. For your health, your growth & development, your heart & soul, your future, your future spouse, your friends, your relationship with your cousins, etc. I have to remind myself you are God’s and I have the incredible blessing to raise you.

Here is my prayer for you today- Jesus, thank you for my sweet baby girl, Gracie Mae. You perfectly knit her together in my womb and you know the plans you have for her & they are good and her days are numbered in your book. I give her to you and am trying to trust you with everything- there are times when it is hard to let go of my fears or worries, but help me to remember you are in control and you are good and want good. I pray you would grow her heart to be soft towards you all her life and that she would have compassion towards the things you have compassion towards. Give her a steady heart that trusts You and a faith that does not waver. Help her to be an example of You by the way she lives her life. I pray she would love the outcast and the broken and messed up- since we all are wrecked by sin but redeemed by You. Keep her pure in every way and help her to be a leader with her peers and others. I love this girl and I know you love her more- thanks for her, Jesus. And for now, I pray this time can be so sweet at home with her- that in the midst of sleep deprivation and crazy moments- I can savor these days with thanks- even for the hard things. Teach me how to be her mom and how to love her and teach her well. I love you, Lord.

Gracie girl, you are one loved child. I love who you are and the joy you bring to your dad and me.

Happy 2 months, baby girl!
                                                 beautiful bracelet that Aunt Jackie made for you!

                                           I just love love love those beautiful big eyes of yours.



Here is my song for you this month:
Little Light by Matt Hammitt & Audrey Assad
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKOMMgVj6jI



1 comment: