"For you shall go out in joy and be led forth in peace"



Friday, March 15, 2013

it's no small thing.


"Loving a person just the way they are, it's no small thing"
It's a line from a Sara Groves song I heard recently that just keeps running through my head. Kudos to my husband for loving me just the way I am. He doesn't demand I change, he just lets God do His work in me and patiently loves me while I change. He endures through my ugly moments and cheers me on through the everyday challenges. He loves me for me. That is no small thing.

Last night at the dinner table we were talking about how sometimes he wishes he could've been in the military to experience the discipline and challenges that they receive and endure. I looked at him and told him that I understood but that he was being challenged everyday to be the leader of our home and a husband and a father- and that takes major discipline. This isn't a journey that has come easy for us [at all.], but I'm so grateful for redemption, grace, re-dos and perseverance and a man who isn't afraid to be challenged in his role and step up to the plate.

The other day I was having a rough morning- just feeling sad for no particular reason. I guess Seth must've picked up on this because I walked out to the kitchen after he had left for work and found this multicolor pack of sharpies:


You may laugh and think "Sharpies?? Really Seth?" haha, and at first I, too, was super baffled. "Why did he leave me a package of sharpies? I mean yes they are super cool and I love surprises but it's just an interesting choice"....and then I read the note that went with the gift and in the note was this line: you've taken me from shades of gray and brought color to my life!

melt my heart. what a difference his thoughtful "just because" gift made in my day.


On a different note, I heard this song on spotify and immediately thought of my parents. They always tell us they aren't "fancy" in how they do things or what they do together- that they are just "simple". But the love they have for each other is amazing and all their children and certainly attest to that. So to mom and dad, here's a new dance song for you :) love you tons and thanks for showing us kids how to have fun being in love with your spouse. It may not be "fancy" but it is extraordinary.
Song: Nothing Fancy by Dave Barnes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R353Inq3rHg 


Happy Friday!!


No comments:

Post a Comment