"For you shall go out in joy and be led forth in peace"



Monday, August 26, 2013

my newest endeavor :)

Well I'm trying out something new. It's sort of a big step for me. It may sound like a little nothing but I am really excited about it. I have been praying for ways I can make a supplemental income for us since we've moved back to Illinois. While I am keeping my eye out for part time nursing jobs, there aren't any that would work out right now. 

I easily get stressed financially. I get easily overwhelmed. I have to keep bringing it to God and remembering that He owns it all anyways and He is the Provider for our needs.  Don't get me wrong, I LOVE LOVE LOVE being home with Gracie. It's awesome. However, sometimes, I also feel stir-crazy at home feeling like I need to be working or doing something to bring in some income. 

Well in the midst of moving and living at my parents for a couple months I had some free time on my hands (ie- not cleaning/cooking/grocery shopping, etc) so I decided to learn photoshop a little better and for fun create some wall art. My sister-in-law had sent me a few ideas that she wanted me to make for her girls and it sort of inspired me to keep going (thanks Jen :)). I made a few designs and showed Seth and he said I should sell them. I was pretty hesitant at first...who would want to buy these? I really don't even know what i'm doing! I am not sure they look that great. etc etc etc.  Doubts plagued me paralleled with curiosity of what if. What if I just tried it? Even if I don't sell any, it's worth a try. Seth and my family kept cheering me on to try it so I figured why not. 

I don't know what will become of it. Maybe nothing, maybe something more. Regardless, it's fun, I feel like God opened this door as something I can do from home, and hopefully it blesses others. I hope to keep making new designs and would welcome any quotes, verses, ideas you feel inspired to share!! 

I am calling the shop Jars of Grace. Why? 1. I love Grace (not speaking of my daughter here- speaking of God's grace- that beautiful thing that we don't deserve but oh how we need). 2. I love jars- mason jars, old jars, etc. but more than their use-ability or creative functionality, my husband has a theory he calls the "jar theory". Simply, the theory is that we all have jars on these shelves in our hearts and often times when we hear something whether at church or in a conversation with a friend or reading an article, etc. we can tend to put in the the jar that is labeled "I already have heard this" and we miss the opportunity to learn something new because we label it as known knowledge and place it in the appropriate jar. Going off of that theory, my hope is that each of these designs is a tangible reminder of God's grace in our life and instead of reading a verse/quote/etc and putting it away we can read it afresh each time and be taught something or reminded of something that we need to be reminded of/taught. God's Word is living and active, it's not meant to be "put away on a shelf". 3. yes I do have a daughter named Grace so yes, it is fun that the shop includes her name in the title :).

SO after a rather long-winded explanation- that's how Jars of Grace designs was created. We will see what God does. My hope is that He is seen through these products. Like I said I would LOVE & WELCOME feedback and ideas and constructive criticism! 

To check out the shop on etsy go to: http://www.etsy.com/shop/jarsofgrace

Here's a few random pictures from recently:
At my cousin's wedding in July. It was on the Spirit of Peoria and was so fun to be there celebrating with Brandon and Sarah!

We tried out the riverfront farmer's market this saturday...LOVED it. Got lots of great produce and had fun browsing the breads, crafts, etc. 

Best purchase of the day- $1 zucchini! It is HUGE.


Song of the day: Sovereign Over Us by Aaron Keyes




No comments:

Post a Comment