"For you shall go out in joy and be led forth in peace"



Tuesday, August 19, 2014

a few things from life lately

Whew time is speeding by. Hello third trimester and goodbye summer, basically. When did that happen?! We have been cruising along on the house trying to get as much done before baby boy makes his grand entrance as well as before we need to have a second appraisal. The whole house project/renovation/makeover/whatever you want to call it has really been consuming our time when we have free time. I go in bursts with it, some days I feel inspired, other days overwhelmed, other days just tired of working on it (rather of Seth working on it) and desperate for the season to come when we can just be a family- with only small, not-as-pressing projects and when our Friday nights aren't always "work nights" but rather the occasional "date night"....all in all though, I am loving it here in our home and each time we finish another project it feels like a new house all over again, which is sort of fun considering I love new things. The timing of how long we think things should take and when we thought we would be done has completely overturned basically all of our expectations. We now just assume everything will take longer than we think it should. It's is a lot better mentally for us and then we feel awesome when we get something done sooner :). The current project Seth is working on is our half bath....I LOVE it so far...pictures to come. (I know I know, like I haven't said that before...)

Life has been full lately as well. I got a job as a nurse again- woohoo! I work one evening a week teaching Childbirth classes (timely, right?), it's perfect right now to get my foot back in the door and not to have to find a babysitter since Seth is home then. So far it's been a blast. Though, every time I am at a class I am reminded of what is to come for me in 12 weeks......

Gracie is at a super fun age right now. She is 20 months and so full of life. She is also such a little diva. She will grab one of my purses, sling it on her shoulder accompanied with 4 or 5 necklaces around her neck and a cell phone to her ear while pushing her baby in a stroller and wearing sun glasses. I seriously love it. She is also getting much better about entertaining herself with her toys or books which is fun to watch and a welcomed break :). She is also starting to talk a ton, part of me doesn't want her to grow out of her half baby garble/ half real words. She is spirited, sweet, stubborn, hilarious, compassionate, curious and super social. Thankfully she is reallly really into babies right now, i'm hoping that is to our benefit as baby makes his arrival :).

Baby boy- we don't have a name yet, we either can't agree or just can't decide. It may come down to the delivery room at this point. Meaning is important to us when it comes to picking out a name. So we might really like a name but it has terrible meaning, so for us it's out. I really really liked a name but Seth had a hamster for two days that he returned to the store because it had a growth that he named that name so he doesn't like it. Stinkin hamster. 

We attempted a garden. But it actually looks more like a jungle right now. It's really pitiful actually, but we have harvested a few zucchini, tomatoes and green beans. Better luck next year....

This past weekend I was in Knoxville, TN for a training for Deeper Still (I have a whole other blog I've been crafting on this that i'll hopefully post soon)...it was an awesome weekend away with a group of women I call my "unlikely community"- only God could have crossed all of our paths and brought us together. 

Here's a few pictures of life lately:



This is our half bath currently, Seth just finished painting the planks on the wall and the beadboard and we have a really cool vintage black and white tile floor to hopefully go in this weekend! I can't wait to have a bathroom on our main floor!
This picture is our inspiration for the half bath, found on pinterest. We will also have a pedestal sink in ours :)


My awesome "unlikely community"...oh how I have been abundantly, deeply blessed by these dear souls.

This was a week ago at 27 weeks when I *almost* failed my glucose test, thankfully my doctor uses a more forgiving scale and I barely made it in the "safe number" parameter!

Some of our garden yield. These look look A LOT larger in this picture, they were tiny. But we were thrilled, nonetheless!

My boy and I at David and Heather's wedding, Seth was a groomsman- it was a gorgeous wedding!

FINALLY got pigtails in this girl's hair! We have made huge progress with her letting me put her hair up! This mom is happy about that :)

Seth texted me this picture when  was gone last weekend, I love my little family.





                           Just a normal day in our home, G loves to talk, I personally think it's adorable :)

I LOVE this. It was in the home of a very dear woman in Knoxville, TN. I couldn't not take a picture.
"Your beautifully, messy, complicated story matters, tell it"




1 comment:

  1. Hi Ang...I've been following your blog since you first told you were pregnant with Gracie. I was pregnant with our first at the same time & Gracie and our little girl Livia are only a few (I think 3) months apart. I got pregnant again when Livia was 3.5 months old, and we had a baby boy when she was 13 mos. Love it when people are in the [somewhat] same situation as us :) Praying everything goes well with your precious baby boy :) I look forward to seeing pictures on your blog! Oh, and by the way, 2 kiddos are sooooo much busier...but soooo much fun ;) much love, caitleigh

    ReplyDelete