"For you shall go out in joy and be led forth in peace"



Tuesday, October 7, 2014

our pinterest fail maternity photo shoot :)

So I am at that point in my pregnancy where certain things become suddenly urgent. By urgency I mean like when I have an idea it has to be done NOW otherwise I might cry. Okay it's not always that bad, but sometimes it is...anyways I have a super gracious husband who, to the best of his ability, tries to accommodate these ideas/needs/wants/whatever they are. Today I decided to hang some pictures and didn't want to wait for Seth to get home to do it correctly (the things I have learned about hanging photos since being married to this guy!). Some of the frames didn't have hooks to hang them with so I had to get creative because I didn't want to run to the store to get proper photo hangers so I went to my craft shelf and found a safety pin and some tacky glue and applied to the back. The result- epic fail...but Seth gave me points for creativity. 

This weekend it was pictures. I have this incredible love for photos and making sure we capture seasons of life. We are planning to get maternity photos taken by a dear friend but in case I go early or we don't make that happen I wanted a few pictures with Gracie to capture this season. In his spare time my handy-house-remodeling husband also is a photographer on the side, didn't you know? :)

I had pulled up pinterest and had these PERFECT poses in mind where Gracie would PERFECTLY cooperate and my hair would look perfect and the weather would be perfect and it would just be...perfect. haha.

We decided to try before church on Sunday. It was cold, really chilly actually. It was super cloudy, we forgot our chair to use as a prop, Gracie started bawling right away and wanted nothing to do with the photo-shoot, we couldn't get her paci away from her....it was a pinterest fail by definition for sure but it was real life and I love that. Combined with a few pictures we took after church I think we managed some really awesome pictures to capture this pregnancy and to show the true personality of my spunky, sweet Gracie Mae. 

Here are a few that I edited, Enjoy!

Blowing bubbles

To me it looks like she is listening to a "secret" from little brother :)

I just love this sweet girl so much.




Her expression says it all about how she feels about this photo-shoot idea

One of my favorites- it looks like she is yelling at her little brother already!

I LOVE this. "Don't worry guys, I'll teach him all I know"- said by an ornery 22 month old.





Belly Picture!! :)








I love love this. Just a mommy daughter moment.

typical. :)

So I asked for a kiss and went in for it. What I got was a slobbery wet one. :)


I love the story these pictures tell...the spunky-ness, the sweet moments, the anticipation, the season we are in and the one we are about to enter into. 


No comments:

Post a Comment