"For you shall go out in joy and be led forth in peace"



Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Rio D Braker

Rio D Braker was born on June 21st, 2011. He weighed 8lbs 3oz & was 20.25 inches long. He is a beautiful, perfect little miracle.

I love being an aunt. Don't get me wrong, I hope to be a mother some day, but i'm relishing my days as an aunt as well. I had the AMAZING privilege to be part of this miracle. Jackie asked if I would want to be in the labor & delivery room with her and take pictures of the whole day. I was honored & thrilled!

Day of Birth: At 4:10am we woke up to a text message saying Jay & Jackie were on their way to the hospital & we should head there as well. This was it, Rio was coming! I threw on some clothes, tossed my hair up & grabbed some freshly made coffee (kudos to my hubby for doing that first thing :)) & ran out the door. Haha, thinking back at it, our driving to the hospital was pretty comical. Seth & I drove separately to the hospital so he could go to work in a couple hours. We were convinced that we were going to miss Rio's birth (probably me more than him) so we were darting (eh..speeding) down Knoxville avenue at 4:30 am. We even devised a plan for talking to the police if we got pulled over! But we made it without need to initiate our plan. We parked & ran into the hospital. And I mean ran. We made a mad dash to the labor floor. Breathless we exit the elevator determined to make it in time for Rio's birth. We ran into Mom B & Bets & went to the nearest waiting room....all of us anxiously & excitedly awaiting news from Jay & Jackie. They took a walk and found us in the waiting area & informed us that they were going to walk for about an hour to help dilate some more. Seth then left for work & us girls talked & read magazines while we would look forward to getting updates from Jay on the progression. Eventually they found a room for Jackie & we were all able to be in there with her. Her mom and her sister, Amber, were able to travel over from Taylor to be with her too! Let me just say- she did AMAZING. I was so proud of her- she was very organized, determined, strong, focused, a fighter, and in the midst of it all, still had a smile on! Soon after things all happened in a blur. Labor progressed & she was ready to have this baby! We all gathered to the side of the room- praying, watching, & crying. Jay was an AMAZING coach & teammate for Jackie. All of a sudden.....Rio entered into this world. It was amazing, beautiful, miraculous. What a moment to be a part of- thanks for including us Jay & Jackie :). Below are some pictures of the day:

First family picture!

Sweet Rio, all wrapped up!

The crew- Betsy, Amber, me, Jan, Jackie, Rio, Jay, Mom B

Precious. daddy & his boy.

Aunt Ang's first time holding Rio

Uncle Seth's first time holding rio


I loooove Maggy's face here, so darling. She loved her new little cousin .

Dayne couldn't wait to play with his new buddy. He already started reading him books about tractors!

All the boys with "D" as their middle name

Braker family :)

No comments:

Post a Comment