"For you shall go out in joy and be led forth in peace"



Friday, March 30, 2012

a mother to the motherless.

I recently received a message from a dear friend from high school. It's amazing that though we've been out of high school for 7 years, I feel like it was only yesterday I talked to Keri. She is one of those people...the kind that make an impact on your life. The kind of person who you never forget, no matter how much time has passed. You remember them, not for their "status" or their "achievements" (though she is incredibly cool & amazingly smart) but for their heart. The kind of heart that is so rare. so pure. so selfless. Keri has always been an example to me. She has always amazed me at how well and how easily she loves people. It's like you could just stand next to her and feel loved...you know those kind of people. I always felt accepted and important around Keri. She's passionate. She cares with such a deep love that she can't not take action.

As I opened her message & read, I could've wept. I was speechless, amazed, inspired, challenged, and humbled. She is an almost-25-year-old woman who is displaying the love of Jesus in a way that I personally have never seen before. She gets what it means to die to self and to live as if this life is a vapor- gone before we know it- she is caring for who Jesus calls "the greatest". She is being a mother to the motherless.
"Then he said to them, “Whoever welcomes this little child in my name welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me welcomes the one who sent me. For it is the one who is least among you all who is the greatest.” - Luke 9:48.

I am honored to be Keri's friend. I just read this morning about abiding in Jesus- the vine- and being His branches that bear fruit (John 15). Keri is a fruitful branch and I am excited to see the fruits that grow out of her ministry and her home as she obediently follows what God has called her to do. When God calls us to something, He is faithful to see us through. 

Please visit Keri's website: http://godskidsourkids.webs.com/  . Your heart will be incredibly impacted and touched and moved. Please please think/pray/ask if you would support Keri, financially & prayerfully, in her efforts to defending the cause of the fatherless(and motherless) and orphaned. Even if you don't know her, please consider giving...we are all the body of Christ. And please share this with anyone you know!


My prayer for Keri is:
"For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, 15 from whom every family[c] in heaven and on earth is named, 16 that according to the riches of his glory he may grant you to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith—that you, being rooted and grounded in love, 18 may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, 19 and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God. 20 Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen."
(Ephesians 3:14-21)

No comments:

Post a Comment