"For you shall go out in joy and be led forth in peace"



Wednesday, October 16, 2013

a note to Gracie at 10 months old.

Buggy (your ever-changing nickname),

I cannot believe that in less than 2 months you will be one year old. I cannot believe how quickly time has flown. This time last year I was pregnant with you- anticipating so many things to come! Fast forward a year and I now have a hard time remembering what my days were like spent without you.

This age you are at has been so much fun. Your personality and spirit are really beginning to shine through. You've got a stubborn streak- but who can blame you. You're a tad bit dramatic at times- genetically passed down from your mama. You are a total sweetheart. It makes my heart swell with love to see how much you love people. Specifically kids. Like last night at Walmart you were sitting in the cart and spotted a kid (you've got a radar out for them or something) and you started going crazy...seriously. You started bouncing and trying to bend yourself sideways so you could see around me (thank goodness for seat straps in the cart) and exclaiming "oooo!" "ooOO!" "OOOOOO!". You make me laugh out loud in the store because of the overwhelming excitement you exude when you see a child. You also love adults- you were winning over that check-out lady and were eating up all the attention. I love your love for people. I am excited to watch God fashion this into something incredible for His glory.

A habit i'm not loving so much right now is your new-found love to grind your teeth. Oh my dear. My head hurts just thinking about it. That phase can pass quickly, please.

When we pull your sippy cup with water out of the fridge and do our sign language for "water", you laugh and get all excited. It's really the little things in life. And you're showing me that everyday.

The joy you find when you spot a tennis shoe across the room and, determined, crawl over to it with giggles and smiles or the way you think it's hilarious to knock over the garbage can e.v.e.r.y. night when i'm cooking supper or the fascination you have to open and shut doors- all these things are amazing & fun to you. I had to stop myself from getting frustrated the other night when you, yet again, tried to knock over the garbage can for the 4th time that night, and had to step back and praise God for your curiosity. Though it is not always very convenient for me and obviously needs protection from danger, it's really incredible to watch. You're showing me what it really means to have faith like a child. And I imagine that lesson will continue as you communicate and grow more.

I love when you lay your head on my shoulder and cuddle in. I feel this protective and amazing love for you wash over me. And I want to keep you here, this age & safe forever. But baby, I can't. And that scares me to the core sometimes. But we pray. And trust you to God- even if that is with shaky hands sometimes. Because He loves you more than we ever could come close to loving you. And His plans for you are beyond the good we could imagine of giving you.

God is using you to refine us. To show us our sin and areas of "improvement". We want to model Jesus to you. And we hope that in spite of our sometimes failed attempts at that- you can see Jesus and that you will love Him with everything you have.

Dolly,  as I end this note, I look in the monitor as you are sleeping, sweetly cuddling your giraffe and curled up in a very uncomfortable looking way and i'm thankful for today and God's goodness.

I love you buggy.
-Mommy



Since fall is my FAVORITE favorite time of year I am trying to soak up as much of it as possible. We did a quick photo shoot this weekend!















No comments:

Post a Comment