"For you shall go out in joy and be led forth in peace"



Tuesday, January 7, 2014

one year pictures!

The snowy COLD day coupled with a van that has no heat leaves me a chance to sit down and blog. 

Life has been one CRAZY season recently. Gracie keeps changing her nap schedule and eating habits. We packed our rental and moved everything to our unfinished house. We are living back and forth between our very gracious parent's homes (will they ever get rid of us :)?) We are trying to survive an Illinois winter...and yes I forgot that they were this cold. 

And we are totally renovating a house.

It has been a crazy and hard and challenging season. And I admit that pretty much every day there are moments (and some days, the whole day) that I have a downer attitude. We never see each other anymore, will we like each other when this is done?, I don't know what to do with my baby's ever-changing-patterns, I don't know how to pick grout color, I want to move back to the south where I can feel my fingers when i'm outside.....
 
Two things that I have found super helpful through this whole remodel season:
1. be super gracious. (the obvious disclaimer, I fail, often.)
2. laugh together. like belly laugh kind of laugh. 

Other really really essential things: God's ability to change my perspective in an instant, humble my expectations, and give joy and hope.

I've had several ask me to post before and after pictures of the house and I really do intend to write a whole bunch of blogs on the house. But I want to have finished product to show with the before photos. That and I just haven't taken the time to write one yet. If you really want to see the before, come see it in person and grab a paintbrush and bring a hammer :).


Okay, on with the point of writing this blog...Gracie.

I finally had the chance to take some of Gracie's one year photos this week- actually on the day she was 13 months. I find that because I take her pictures instead of scheduling them done somewhere, I'm usually behind "schedule". Oh, well.

I still would like to do some more but we'll see....right now I am happy to at least have a few! She was totally being a ham. I love seeing all the dimensions of her vibrant personality come out in a span of a few minutes through her facial expressions. 

Here are some of my favorites:









 

1 comment:

  1. These are absolutely precious!! I need some copies for my book.

    ReplyDelete